Toddler Uniform Must-Haves | Featuring the BEST Toddler Shoes | pediped Review
#GentryHudson attends a Montessori school that includes wearing a uniform. He started going to this Montessori school RIGHT when he turned two; so he has been there for about a year. Additionally, I was quite surprised that uniforms were made this small. One thing that I have struggled with though, is having adequate footwear for him that fit within their guidelines and assisted with proper foot development.
Gentry suffers from extreme growing pains in his feet at night. It is known that shoes can be a contributing factor at how severe these bursts of pains will be as my doctor has reminded me throughout the year. If he is super active during the day and not wearing the greatest of shoes, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be waking up throughout the night in pain. We have been to the doctor numerous times within the past year because of these growing pains.
Additionally, for those of you that are new around here, sir #GentryHudson is INSANELY active. More so than just your average “boy”. Think of twin two-year-olds in ONE body. THAT’S my son. Regardless of his growing pains, he is HARD on his shoes. I cannot have him wearing budget-friendly shoes because I have tried and they just can’t keep up with him.
We have continuously tried a variety of different shoes for him for husband school adventures. From Converse to Oshkosh B’Gosh, Vans to now… PediPed.
I reached out to PediPed and asked if they would like to take the #GentryHudson challenge (…ok I kid I kid but kinda not really) and they happily obliged. Gentry has been sporting these shoes for almost a month now. So, I did a little test and put different shoes on him last week for a couple days to see what would happen. I kid you not, guess who kept Mama up all night with growing pains? YUP. Now, this isn’t a feature that PediPed promotes so I am just speaking from experience and connecting the dots as a Mama. >>> If your child has severe growing pains in their feet, try different footwear. This is why I believe PediPed is a great solution to our situation:
- The shoes are ridiculously light. Their fancy terminology is “Ultra Light Technology™” and I couldn’t agree more.
- Most importantly, they bend effortlessly. Gent is still able to walk on his tippy toes when he wants to without issue.
- These shoes have been soaked at school. They dried quickly; more so than other shoes and they looked like new afterwards.
- …and they are machine washable!
- Another note is that these shoes are STYLISH and fit within the guidelines of our school for uniform shoes. They also have blues and blacks if your school requests those colors.
- Velcro closure makes it easy for Gentry to take on an off.
- Bottom of the shoe has a full rubber sole which makes me feel great that his feet are safe and slip proof (because my son is an avid klutz)
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association for promoting healthy foot development (which leads me to believe I’m not crazy with my growing pain situation!)
- We don’t need this yet, however, these shoes are a part of their “The Flex® Fit System” which allows you to add an additional insoles to make the shoe a half-size smaller to give you even more time with these shoes. So for all those Mama’s that buy shoes like crazy because their kid grows like a weed (like mine) then this would be PERFECT for that. Check out this video to see what I’m talking about: How to Use the Flex Fit System.
- Additionally, the cost of these shoes can be high for some budgets. This is how I justified that higher purchase. You are able to keep these shoes longer with the Flex Fit System AND the material that doesn’t fall victim to toddler use.
- The Flex® line will retail for $46-$84 and is available in sizes 22-38 (available sizes vary between styles).
- Vegan stamp of approval: No animals or by-products were used to make these shoes: WINNING.
- And made from eco-friendly material. Too good to be true right?
- Most of all… Philanthropy – I love standing behind a brand that not only provides an excellent product, but also gives back. PediPed is no exception. They have given back more than $2M+ worth of products and monetary support to children across the globe. YES.
- Lastly, for those of you that have smaller children, they have a whole footwear system that captures infants to toddlers learning to walk all the way up to size 6 youth.
Ready to get your hands on a pair? Here is all the details you need:
You can purchase them from these awesome shoes by clicking here
IMPORTANT: make sure you use their sizer! #GentryHudson normally wears between an 8-9 US shoe size. With pediped he is in size EU 29.
There are a selective amount of pediped on Amazon
For in store purchases, check out their store locator. They are sold in over 750 stores nationwide and in 40 countries worldwide.
pediped is SOCIAL!
Learn more by watching some YouTube videos
Want to see what the media says about pediped? Check out all the scoop by clicking here
And don’t forget about all the celebrity sightings because you know my guilty pleasure is reality tv so I just had to take a peak!
With the holiday’s coming up, I just know some Mama’s/Grandmas/Aunts will be shopping for some new threads for their little. If you’re on the hunt for a high quality, long-lasting toddler shoe, this would be your perfect purchase.
And if you are like I was a year ago with your eyeballs poppin’ out of your head wondering how your going to clothe your 1 year-old/2 year-old in a uniform, here is what I recommend.
Light Blue Polo from French Toast
Or buy a 3 pack and save some $$:
The Children’s Place Boys’ Short Sleeve Polo Shirt (Pack of 3)
Shorts & Pants:
French Toast Boys Pull-On Short Boys
French Toast Pull-On Boys Pant Boys
juDanzy 2 Pack of Ribbed Mid-Calf Girls & Boys Socks
Must-Have Toddler Shoes in Gingersnap
Make sure you keep your eyes peeled on my Instagram for little glimpses of #GentryHudson wearing his pediped shoes!